Purpose of the position
Supports the Project Manager in the execution of the project by realizing the mechanical design.
Position within the company
Reports to the Project Manager.
In this role, you will be part of a new company belonging to an international group.
Your tasks will be : Mechanical design of installations in accordance with applicable international norms and standards, project requirements and project standards. Ensures that the installation complies with the project specifications.
It is important that the candidate has experience with equipment design. Knowledge of Steel Structures (ladders, platforms…) is also an advantage.
Responsibilities and duties
- Determining material choices
- Selection and interpretation of applicable norms, codes and standards (international, customer-specific and/or internal)
- Mechanical design calculations
- Coordination with subcontractors and suppliers
- Assistance in the daily follow-up of the activities during the realization of the project.
- Monitoring the quality in the execution of the project.
- Drawing up checklists and purchase lists (mechanical)
- Follow-up of the TIP (Test and Inspection Plan)
- Carrying out checks and inspections
- Compliance with safety regulations
- Registering and reporting internal and external complaints, deviations, shortcomings
- Assistance in compiling the project documentation
- Strict and clear revision management
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Technical experience
- Practical experience of welded constructions, equipment construction and piping
- Applied knowledge of the Microsoft package, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in performing and following projects in the chemical and petrochemical industry is an asset.
- Vessel design including structural design for access platforms, ladders, stairs.
- Experience in designing flares, thermal oxidizers, refractory lined ovens, steam boilers is a plus.
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Attention to detail
- Strong understanding of P&ID’s and PFD’s
- Participate in safety audits or surveillances
- Traveling for 10%
- Linguistic fluent Dutch and English, knowledge of French and German;
- Intermediate MS Office Skills;
- Highly motivated and dynamic;
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to work meticulously but pragmatically;
- Have good analytical and communication skills;
- Creative ability;
- No box-mentality;
- Sense of humor;
Please send an email with your application to: email@example.com